Crisp & Co is a proud supporter of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the annual campaign to raise awareness about the impact of Breast Cancer.
Family Law & Divorce Solicitors in Canary Wharf
Specialist Family and Divorce Solicitors
Serving clients based in South East London, Crisp & Co family law and divorce solicitors in Canary Wharf is an established firm of professional, qualified lawyers specialising in all aspects of divorce, children and family Law.
How to find our solicitors in Canary Wharf
Opening hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 5.30pm
Our family law solicitors are dedicated to finding the most effective and pain-free resolution for our clients, through the provision of sensitive, effective, and affordable legal advice. To this end we also offer mediation and collaborative divorce law services in complement to traditional litigation support.
Centrally located in the bustling financial district of Canary Wharf, the friendly team at One Canada Square is within easy reach of both the London Underground and the Docklands Light Railway.
The easily recognisable building is also situated within short walking distance of several bus stops. Horizon-dominating One Canada Square, once the UK's tallest buildings, was constructed as a symbol of regeneration; a sentiment that hasn't been lost on Crisp & Co, but rather incorporated in our ethos as we work hard to help clients emerge from a broken relationship with the best possible outcome and minimal emotional distress.
Our family law services in Canary Wharf
Click on the links below to read more about family law and divorce services in Canary Wharf:
- Civil partnership dissolution
- Relationship breakdown and separation
- Cohabitation agreements (also known as living together agreements)
- Financial settlements
- Pre-nuptial agreements
- Pre-civil partnership agreements
- Children law
- LGBT+ family law
- Adoption, surrogacy and artificial insemination
- International divorce
- Domestic violence
- Family dispute resolution (including mediation & collaborative law)
- Family court proceedings
Our friendly, practical divorce solicitors in Canary Wharf can provide all the advice you need about separating from your spouse or civil partner. We can handle every legal detail on your behalf, helping you find a positive way forwards as quickly and cost-effectively as possible.
We focus on amicable resolutions, reducing stress in what can be a very stressful situation. Our service covers:
- Filing the divorce or dissolution application
- Helping you work out a divorce financial settlement to divide your money and property fairly
- Working out arrangements for children, including residence and contact
- Agreeing spousal maintenance
- Working out child maintenance
Our Family team have helped so many families over the years from all walks of like, with our expertise including LGBT+ divorce, international divorce, military and army divorce and high net worth divorce and dissolution.
We are also pioneers in ‘no-fault divorce’, a new approach to divorce and dissolution which allows couples to make an application without having to prove any reasons. This can reduce stress, eliminate the ‘blame game’ and help families focus on the most important things.
If divorce or dissolution is not right for you, our separation solicitors in Canary Wharf can help you cleanly separate from your partner without officially ending the relationship.
Separation may be right for you if:
- You have religious, cultural or personal reasons against divorce.
- You have been married for less than a year and cannot get a divorce yet.
- You simply have not decided whether to divorce or dissolution yet.
We can help you enter into a Separation Agreement or ‘Deed of Separation’ to sort out financial and children-related matters while you are separated. We can also provide advice about Legal Separation (also known as Judicial Separation) where you separate with the assistance of the courts.
Nowadays, most people live together before they get married or enter into a civil partnership. Many people are even choosing not to tie the knot at all.
However, unmarried couples do not have as many legal rights as married couples and civil partners. In the UK, there is no such thing as ‘common law marriage’, even if you have lived together for a very long time and have children. This means that if you break up, you have no automatic financial rights to your partners property.
So, it is important to protect yourself. Our specialist cohabitation solicitors in Canary Wharf can provide advice about entering into a Cohabitation Agreement (also known as a Living Together Agreement) which sets out things like:
- ‘Who owns what’ in your relationship.
- How you will manage your finances, such as paying bills and maintaining debts.
- How your assets should be divided if you ever break up.
We can also help people who are going through a breakup with their partner, including reviewing and advising on existing cohabitation agreements, negotiating division of assets, making property claims and resolving issues involving children.
Financial arrangements upon divorce, dissolution or separation is often what causes the most conflict between separating partners. Having a legal specialist on side can help you achieve the settlement you need to move forwards in financial security while reducing stress.
Our divorce and finances solicitors in Guildford help people negotiate fair financial settlements and make financial claims. Our expertise includes:
- Helping you agree a bespoke financial settlement that suits your individual needs.
- Advice about pensions upon divorce and dissolution.
- Advice about trusts upon divorce and dissolution.
- Advice about companies upon divorce and dissolution.
- Obtaining Freezing Orders and Injunctions where there is a risk that your partner is hiding or will hide assets.
- Working with forensic accountants.
Our friendly pre-nuptial agreement solicitors in Guildford can provide practical advice about entering into:
- Pre-nuptial agreements.
- Post-nuptial agreements.
- Pre-civil partnership agreements.
- Post-civil partnership agreements.
We will make sure your financial interests are protected, no matter what the future brings. Whether you have inheritance, a business or a large amount of savings you want to keep separate from marital finances, you want to protect financial arrangements from a previous relationship, or any other reason, we are here for you.
Relationship breakdown can be particularly hard on children, who may not understand fully what is going on or why their parents no longer live together. Our children law solicitors in Canary Wharf can assist families with a wide range of issues, putting the welfare of your children first at all times.
Our expertise includes:
- Making parenting plans after divorce, civil partnership dissolution or separation
- Agreeing child maintenance
- Applying for children-related court orders, such as:
- Taking children out of the jurisdiction and international child law issues
- Advice about parental responsibility
- Advice about adoption, surrogacy and egg/sperm/embryo donation
- Grandparents’ rights
- Protecting children from domestic violence
We have particular expertise assisting with arrangements for children in High Net Worth divorce matters.
Our LGBT+ solicitors in Canary Wharf work with people from all walks of life. Whether you identify as queer, trans, cisgender, gay, bi or any other identity, we can assist with a wide variety of legal issues, including:
- Same sex parenting
- LGBT+ divorce and civil partnership dissolution
- Adoption, surrogacy and egg/sperm/embryo donation
- Same sex pre-nuptial agreements
Our Canary Wharf family lawyers can provide all the advice you need about fertility law, surrogacy and adoption. We can handle all the unique legal factors that come into play, including providing advice on parental rights, parental responsibility and other associated matters, so you can focus on welcoming your new addition to your family.
Divorce and dissolution matters involving international aspects can quickly become complicated. Our specialist international divorce solicitors in Canary Wharf and assist with a wide range of issues, such as:
- You live abroad but want UK law to apply to your divorce.
- You and/or your partner are not UK nationals and/or you got married overseas.
- There is international property involved.
- International co-parenting issues, for example, if you or your partner want to take your child out of the country.
- Child maintenance and spousal maintenance where one party lives overseas.
Your partner or family has no right to hurt you or make you feel scared. Domestic abuse can affect anyone, regardless of age, sex or background. We know that seeking help is scary, but we are here to support you.
Our domestic violence solicitors in Canary Wharf can help you seek legal protection for you and your children. Our expertise includes:
- Advising on all types of domestic abuse, such as emotional abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse, financial abuse and tech abuse
- Obtaining Injunctions/Non-Molestation Orders
- Obtaining Occupation Orders
- Seeking protection from coercive control
- Protecting children from domestic violence
Our Canary Wharf family solicitors specialise in low-conflict family law. We take all possible steps to help our clients sort out their issues – whatever they may be – without having to go court.
This means that our family law services are often cheaper, faster and less stressful. As well as having a team of dedicated family law solicitors, we specialise in two main methods of Alternative Dispute Resolution – mediation and collaborative law.
Our Canary Wharf mediation solicitors are here to help families sort out positive solution to a wide range of problems, from divorce financial matters to agreeing co-parenting plans.
Our team includes qualified collaborative lawyers who are specially trained to help families come to positive agreements without any unnecessary conflict.
Where an out-of-court settlement is simply not possible, our family lawyers can help you make a wide range of family court applications and support you throughout the proceedings.
We can help you make an urgent or emergency application wherever needed as well as help people who are facing legal action for family law issues.
Why choose Crisp & Co’s family lawyers in Canary Wharf
- At Crisp & Co in Canary Wharf, we only do family law. This means that our family solicitors are specialists at what we do.
- Many of our Canary Wharf family lawyers are members of Resolution, a network of legal professionals who specialise in helping families find positive out-of-court solutions to their problems.
- We are accredited by the Law Society in Family Law Advanced which is a quality marker for firms that specialise in complex, disputed and high value family law issues.
- We are also accredited by the Law Society in Lexcel, which is the practice quality mark for firms that demonstrate the highest standards of client care, compliance and legal practice management.