Crisp & Co is a proud supporter of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the annual campaign to raise awareness about the impact of Breast Cancer.
Divorce & Family Law Solicitors in The City of London
Specialist Family and Divorce Solicitors
Our family law and divorce solicitors in the City of London have been providing expert and affordable legal advice to individuals and families in central London since 1996.
We specialise in all areas of family law, including divorce and relationship breakdown, cohabitation, pre-nuptial agreements and all aspects of LGBTQI family law. Our focus is on finding positive outcomes that minimise conflict wherever possible.
Get in touch to set up your free one hour initial consultation.
How to find our solicitors in The City of London
Opening hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 5.30pm
Our City of London law office offers meeting rooms in a contemporary building in the heart of the City of London. We can be found opposite the Bank of England and directly above Bank tube station (exit 1).
Our family law services in the City of London
Click on the links below to read more about family law and divorce services in the City of London:
- Civil partnership dissolution
- Relationship breakdown and separation
- Cohabitation agreements (also known as living together agreements)
- Financial settlements
- Pre-nuptial agreements
- Pre-civil partnership agreements
- Children law
- LGBTQI family law
- Adoption, surrogacy and artificial insemination
- International divorce
- Domestic violence
- Family dispute resolution (including mediation & collaborative law)
- Family court proceedings
Deciding to get a divorce or dissolution is a scary step, but often essential for future happiness. During this difficult time, you need the support and advice of specialist lawyers you can trust. Our dissolution and divorce solicitors in the City of London can help you with:
- Filing the divorce or dissolution application
- Helping you work out a divorce financial settlement to divide your money and property fairly
- Working out arrangements for children, including residence and contact
- Agreeing spousal maintenance
- Working out child maintenance
We have a wide range of niche expertise, including:
- LGBTQI divorce
- International divorce
- Military and army divorce
- High net worth divorce and dissolution
- No-fault divorce
If you are thinking about splitting up with your partner but are not sure whether to officially get a divorce or dissolution (or it is simply not an option for you due to personal beliefs), a separation may be right for you.
Our separation solicitors in the City of London can provide advice about entering into a Separation Agreement or ‘Deed of Separation’ to sort out things like:
- How you will divide your property and money while separated
- How you will pay bills and manage debt while separated
- Arrangements for children
We can also provide advice about seeking a legal separation (also known as a judicial separation) where you separate with the assistance of the courts.
Did you know that there is no such thing as a ‘common law marriage’ in the UK? Couples who live together, even have children together, but are not married or in a civil partnership do not have the same legal rights as spouses and civil partners. So, it is important to protect your financial interests.
Our cohabitation solicitors in the City of London can help you sort out a cohabitation agreement (also known as a living together agreement) that sets out exactly who owns what in your relationship and how finances will be divided if you ever split up.
We also help people sort out disputes upon separation, including reviewing and advising on existing cohabitation agreements, negotiating division of assets, making property claims and resolving issues involving children.
It can be hard to untangle your lives when you break up with your spouse or civil partner. So, financial settlements are often what causes the most conflict during divorce and dissolution proceedings.
Our divorce and finances solicitors in the City of London help people sort out fair financial settlements. We also help people make and defend a wide range of financial claims. Our expertise includes:
- Helping you agree a bespoke financial settlement that suits your individual needs.
- Advice about pensions upon divorce and dissolution.
- Advice about trusts upon divorce and dissolution.
- Advice about companies upon divorce and dissolution.
- Obtaining Freezing Orders and Injunctions where there is a risk that your partner is hiding or will hide assets.
- Working with forensic accountants.
Our pre-nuptial agreement solicitors in the City of London can provide clear, friendly advice about entering into:
- Pre-nuptial agreements.
- Post-nuptial agreements.
- Pre-civil partnership agreements.
- Post-civil partnership agreements.
Our aim will be to make sure your financial interests are protected, so no matter what happens, you can rest assured that your needs will be met.
Whether you need to protect some inheritance or business interests, you have financial arrangements from previous relationships that you want to stay the same, or any other reason, we are here to help.
We only want what is best for our children, which is why it is easy for disagreements to arise during relationship breakdown. Our children law solicitors in the City of London assist families with a wide range of issues. We will make sure that your children’s happiness and welfare comes first at all times while protecting your parental rights.
Our expertise includes:
- Making parenting plans after divorce, civil partnership dissolution or separation
- Agreeing child maintenance
- Applying for children-related court orders, such as:
- Taking children out of the jurisdiction and international child law issues
- Advice about parental responsibility
- Advice about adoption, surrogacy and egg/sperm/embryo donation
- Grandparents’ rights
- Protecting children from domestic violence
Our LGTBQIA solicitors in the City of London help people with a wide variety of unique legal issues. Whether you identify as queer, trans, cisgender, gay, bi or any other identity, we are here to help. Our expertise includes:
- Same sex parenting
- LGBTQIA divorce and civil partnership dissolution
- Adoption, surrogacy and egg/sperm/embryo donation
- Same sex pre-nuptial agreements
Our City of London family lawyers can provide all the advice you need about the legal aspects of growing your family, including fertility law, surrogacy and adoption.
We can handle all the unique factors that may affect you, including providing advice on parental rights, parental responsibility and other associated matters. With our help, you will have all the time you need to focus on welcoming your new addition to your family.
Divorce, dissolution and separation becomes more complex when there are international issues involved. Our expert international divorce solicitors in the City of London can assist with a wide range of matters, such as:
- You live abroad but want UK law to apply to your divorce.
- You and/or your partner are not UK nationals and/or you got married overseas.
- There is international property involved.
- International co-parenting issues, for example, if you or your partner want to take your child out of the country.
- Child maintenance and spousal maintenance where one party lives overseas.
You have a right to feel safe in your own home. We know that seeking legal help can be daunting, but our friendly team are here to support you.
Our domestic violence solicitors in the City of London can provide confidential legal advice about seeking protection for you and your children. Our expertise includes:
- Advising on all types of domestic abuse, such as emotional abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse, financial abuse and tech abuse
- Obtaining Injunctions/Non-Molestation Orders
- Obtaining Occupation Orders
- Seeking protection from coercive control
- Protecting children from domestic violence
Our City of London family solicitors specialise in helping families resolve their issues with minimal conflict, avoiding the hassle and expense of court wherever possible.
We offer two main methods of Alternative Dispute Resolution – mediation and collaborative law.
Our City of London mediation solicitors can provide advice about using family mediation to sort out a wide range of family law problems, from divorce financial settlements, to co-parenting plans.
Our City of London collaborative lawyers are specially trained to help you and your family make a positive agreement about all types of family law issue with minimal conflict.
Although out-of-court settlement is the preferred method of sorting out family law issues, we appreciate that it is not always possible. Where necessary, we can help you make and defend a wide range of family court applications.
We can also assist with urgent or emergency applications wherever needed, such as to seek protective orders from domestic abuse or to prevent your ex-partner from taking your child overseas.
Why choose Crisp & Co’s family lawyers in the City of London
- At Crisp & Co in the City of London, we only do family law. This means that our family solicitors are specialists at what we do.
- Many of our City of London family lawyers are members of Resolution, a network of legal professionals who specialise in helping families find positive out-of-court solutions to their problems.
- We are accredited by the Law Society in Family Law Advanced which is a quality marker for firms that specialise in complex, disputed and high value family law issues.
- We are also accredited by the Law Society in Lexcel, which is the practice quality mark for firms that demonstrate the highest standards of client care, compliance and legal practice management.
Get in touch with our family and divorce solicitors in the City of London
Book Your Free Consultation
“Thank you for your email and for your support handling my case. It has been a pleasure working with everyone at Crisp & Co.”
“Thank you in advance and all your support. It has been such a difficult time this year but throughout you have been a great support and I really do appreciate your time and effort.”
“Fantastic service, incredibly supportive during a stressful period.”
“Staff are lovely & efficient & friendly. Thank you.”
“I am indebted to you and the firm, and look forward to receiving the documents by post.”
“I wanted to say a massive thank you for all your help and support over the year.”