Opening hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 5.30pm
Our City of London law office offers meeting rooms in a contemporary building in the heart of the City of London. We can be found opposite the Bank of England and directly above Bank tube station (exit 1).
Our family law services in the City of London
Click on the links below to read more about family law and divorce services in the City of London:
Deciding to get a divorce or dissolution is a scary step, but often essential for future happiness. During this difficult time, you need the support and advice of specialist lawyers you can trust. Our dissolution and divorce solicitors in the City of London can help you with:
- Filing the divorce or dissolution application
- Helping you work out a divorce financial settlement to divide your money and property fairly
- Working out arrangements for children, including residence and contact
- Agreeing spousal maintenance
- Working out child maintenance
We have a wide range of niche expertise, including:
If you are thinking about splitting up with your partner but are not sure whether to officially get a divorce or dissolution (or it is simply not an option for you due to personal beliefs), a separation may be right for you.
Our separation solicitors in the City of London can provide advice about entering into a Separation Agreement or ‘Deed of Separation’ to sort out things like:
- How you will divide your property and money while separated
- How you will pay bills and manage debt while separated
- Arrangements for children
We can also provide advice about seeking a legal separation (also known as a judicial separation) where you separate with the assistance of the courts.
Did you know that there is no such thing as a ‘common law marriage’ in the UK? Couples who live together, even have children together, but are not married or in a civil partnership do not have the same legal rights as spouses and civil partners. So, it is important to protect your financial interests.
Our cohabitation solicitors in the City of London can help you sort out a cohabitation agreement (also known as a living together agreement) that sets out exactly who owns what in your relationship and how finances will be divided if you ever split up.
We also help people sort out disputes upon separation, including reviewing and advising on existing cohabitation agreements, negotiating division of assets, making property claims and resolving issues involving children.
It can be hard to untangle your lives when you break up with your spouse or civil partner. So, financial settlements are often what causes the most conflict during divorce and dissolution proceedings.
Our divorce and finances solicitors in the City of London help people sort out fair financial settlements. We also help people make and defend a wide range of financial claims. Our expertise includes:
Our pre-nuptial agreement solicitors in the City of London can provide clear, friendly advice about entering into:
- Pre-nuptial agreements.
- Post-nuptial agreements.
- Pre-civil partnership agreements.
- Post-civil partnership agreements.
Our aim will be to make sure your financial interests are protected, so no matter what happens, you can rest assured that your needs will be met.
Whether you need to protect some inheritance or business interests, you have financial arrangements from previous relationships that you want to stay the same, or any other reason, we are here to help.
We only want what is best for our children, which is why it is easy for disagreements to arise during relationship breakdown. Our children law solicitors in the City of London assist families with a wide range of issues. We will make sure that your children’s happiness and welfare comes first at all times while protecting your parental rights.
Our expertise includes:
Our LGTBQIA solicitors in the City of London help people with a wide variety of unique legal issues. Whether you identify as queer, trans, cisgender, gay, bi or any other identity, we are here to help. Our expertise includes:
Our City of London family lawyers can provide all the advice you need about the legal aspects of growing your family, including fertility law, surrogacy and adoption.
We can handle all the unique factors that may affect you, including providing advice on parental rights, parental responsibility and other associated matters. With our help, you will have all the time you need to focus on welcoming your new addition to your family.
Divorce, dissolution and separation becomes more complex when there are international issues involved. Our expert international divorce solicitors in the City of London can assist with a wide range of matters, such as:
- You live abroad but want UK law to apply to your divorce.
- You and/or your partner are not UK nationals and/or you got married overseas.
- There is international property involved.
- International co-parenting issues, for example, if you or your partner want to take your child out of the country.
- Child maintenance and spousal maintenance where one party lives overseas.
You have a right to feel safe in your own home. We know that seeking legal help can be daunting, but our friendly team are here to support you.
Our domestic violence solicitors in the City of London can provide confidential legal advice about seeking protection for you and your children. Our expertise includes:
Family dispute resolution
Our City of London family solicitors specialise in helping families resolve their issues with minimal conflict, avoiding the hassle and expense of court wherever possible.
We offer two main methods of Alternative Dispute Resolution – mediation and collaborative law.
Our City of London mediation solicitors can provide advice about using family mediation to sort out a wide range of family law problems, from divorce financial settlements, to co-parenting plans.
Our City of London collaborative lawyers are specially trained to help you and your family make a positive agreement about all types of family law issue with minimal conflict.
Family court proceedings
Although out-of-court settlement is the preferred method of sorting out family law issues, we appreciate that it is not always possible. Where necessary, we can help you make and defend a wide range of family court applications.
We can also assist with urgent or emergency applications wherever needed, such as to seek protective orders from domestic abuse or to prevent your ex-partner from taking your child overseas.
Why choose Crisp & Co’s family lawyers in the City of London
- At Crisp & Co in the City of London, we only do family law. This means that our family solicitors are specialists at what we do.
- Many of our City of London family lawyers are members of Resolution, a network of legal professionals who specialise in helping families find positive out-of-court solutions to their problems.
- We are accredited by the Law Society in Family Law Advanced which is a quality marker for firms that specialise in complex, disputed and high value family law issues.
- We are also accredited by the Law Society in Lexcel, which is the practice quality mark for firms that demonstrate the highest standards of client care, compliance and legal practice management.
Get in touch with our family and divorce solicitors in the City of London
Book an appointment with our divorce and family lawyers in the City of London now by calling us on 0203 857 9882, emailing email@example.com or filling in our simple online enquiry form.