We are supporters of Pride Month and are proud to stand with our clients, colleagues, friends and family in the LGBT+ community.
Divorce & Family Law Solicitors in Covent Garden
Specialist Family and Divorce Solicitors
Our Covent Garden office in the heart of London’s West End is here to help you sort out all family law matters, including (but not limited to) divorce, dissolution & relationship breakdown, children-related issues, pre-nups & post-nups and living together agreements.
As a dedicated family law firm, we are true specialists in these areas. Our solicitors can offer advice, court representation and collaborative solutions.
Get in touch to set up your free one hour initial consultation.
How to find our solicitors in Covent Garden
Opening hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 5.30pm
Our office in Covent Garden in the London Borough of Westminster can be found within easy walking distance of both Covent Garden Tube Station and Leicester Square Underground Station.
Our family law services in Covent Garden
Click on the links below to read more about family law and divorce services in Covent Garden:
- Civil partnership dissolution
- Relationship breakdown and separation
- Cohabitation agreements (also known as living together agreements)
- Financial settlements
- Pre-nuptial agreements
- Pre-civil partnership agreements
- Children law
- LGBTQI family law
- Adoption, surrogacy and artificial insemination
- International divorce
- Domestic violence
- Family dispute resolution (including mediation & collaborative law)
- Family court proceedings
Our friendly divorce solicitors in Covent Garden are here to guide you through the challenges of separating from your partner. With years of experience under our belts, we understand just what you are going through and specialise in helping people sort out all the legal aspects of separation as quickly, cost-effectively and painlessly as possible.
Our service covers:
- Filing the divorce or dissolution application
- Helping you work out a divorce financial settlement to divide your money and property fairly
- Working out arrangements for children, including residence and contact
- Agreeing spousal maintenance
- Working out child maintenance
We particularly specialise in complex and high value matters and can provide bespoke advice about the unique issues involved in LGBTQI divorce, international divorce, military and army divorce and high net worth divorce and dissolution.
We are also leading lawyers in ‘no-fault divorce’, which is a fresh approach to divorce and dissolution which allows couples to make an application without having to prove any reasons.
Divorce or dissolution is a big step and maybe it is not right for you at this moment in time. If so, our separation solicitors in Covent Garden can provide advice about separating without officially ending your relationship.
Separation may be right for you if:
- You have religious, cultural or personal reasons against divorce.
- You have been married for less than a year and cannot get a divorce yet.
- You simply have not decided whether to divorce or dissolution yet.
We can advise on Separation Agreements (also known as Deeds of Separation) to sort out your finances and arrangements for children while you are separated. We can also advise on Legal Separation (also known as Judicial Separation) if you need the assistance of the courts.
It is very common for people to live together before or instead of getting married. However, cohabiting couples still do not have the same legal rights as married spouses or civil partners. If you break up, you have no automatic rights to your partner’s property.
Our specialist cohabitation solicitors in Covent Garden can help you protect your financial interests and set out a co-parenting plan in case you ever break up. We can draft a bespoke Cohabitation Agreement (also known as a Living Agreement) that clearly sets out things like:
- ‘Who owns what’ in your relationship.
- How you will manage your finances, such as paying bills and maintaining debts.
- How your assets should be divided if you ever break up.
We also help separating couples resolve a wide range of cohabitation disputes, from disagreements about property ownership, to childcare issues, to disagreements about the interpretation of a Cohabitation Agreement.
Sorting out finances is often the most contentious aspect of divorce, dissolution or separation. Our expert Covent Garden divorce solicitors specialise in helping families work through the issues cooperatively so you can move forwards with your life in financial security.
Our divorce and finances solicitors help people negotiate fair financial settlement and make financial claims. Our expertise includes:
- Helping you agree a bespoke financial settlement that suits your individual needs.
- Advice about pensions upon divorce and dissolution.
- Advice about trusts upon divorce and dissolution.
- Advice about companies upon divorce and dissolution.
- Obtaining Freezing Orders and Injunctions where there is a risk that your partner is hiding or will hide assets.
- Working with forensic accountants.
Marriage is a partnership, but it is still important to protect your financial interests. There may be many reasons why you do not want to share all your money and property with your partner. For example, perhaps you have a family inheritance to protect or maybe you have maintenance arrangements from previous relationships that you want to stay the same.
Our friendly pre-nuptial agreement solicitors in Covent Garden can provide practical advice about:
- Pre-nuptial agreements.
- Post-nuptial agreements.
- Pre-civil partnership agreements.
- Post-civil partnership agreements.
When going through a separation, it can be hard to come to an agreement about childcare arrangements. We all want what is best for our children, but it is common for parents to have different views about upbringing, residence and contact.
Our children law solicitors in Covent Garden can help you with a wide range of issues, ensuring that the happiness and welfare of your children comes first at all times.
Our expertise includes:
- Making parenting plans after divorce, civil partnership dissolution or separation
- Agreeing child maintenance
- Applying for children-related court orders, such as:
- Taking children out of the jurisdiction and international child law issues
- Advice about parental responsibility
- Advice about adoption, surrogacy and egg/sperm/embryo donation
- Grandparents’ rights
- Protecting children from domestic violence
Everyone has the same legal rights to get married and have children, regardless of sex, gender, sexuality or identity. However, sometimes the legal issues you run into will require specialist advice. Our LGBTQIA solicitors in Covent Garden can assist with a wide range of matters, including:
- Same sex parenting
- LGBTQIA divorce and civil partnership dissolution
- Adoption, surrogacy and egg/sperm/embryo donation
- Same sex pre-nuptial agreements
Our Covent Garden fertility law solicitors are here to help you sort out the legal matters associated with expanding your family. We can provide advice about all the unique challenges that come with adoption, surrogacy and artificial insemination, including advising on parental rights and parental responsibility.
We have specialist expertise advising on all aspects of international divorce and dissolution, handling these complex issues as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. Our Covent Garden international divorce solicitors can help whether:
- You live abroad but want UK law to apply to your divorce.
- You and/or your partner are not UK nationals and/or you got married overseas.
- There is international property involved.
- You need advice about international co-parenting issues, for example, if you or your partner want to take your child out of the country.
- You need advice about child maintenance and spousal maintenance where one party lives overseas.
Seeking help can be scary, but our domestic abuse solicitors in Covent Garden are here to support you. No one has the right to hurt or intimidate you, regardless of your age, sex, sexuality or background.
Our domestic violence solicitors in Covent Garden can help you seek legal protection for you and your children. Our expertise includes:
- Advising on all types of domestic abuse, such as emotional abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse, financial abuse and tech abuse
- Obtaining Injunctions/Non-Molestation Orders
- Obtaining Occupation Orders
- Seeking protection from coercive control
- Protecting children from domestic violence
Our Covent Garden family solicitors specialise in low-conflict family law solutions. With us on your side, you have the best possible chance of achieving a positive outcome out-of-court, saving you time costs and stress.
We specialise in two main methods of Alternative Dispute Resolution – mediation and collaborative law.
Our Covent Garden mediation solicitors are on hand to help families work through legal issues, from divorce financial matters to sorting out co-parenting arrangements.
Our qualified collaborative lawyers in Covent Garden can help you resolve even the most complex of family law problems.
We can also help you make a wide range of family court applications if out-of-court agreement is not possible.
Why choose Crisp & Co’s family lawyers in Covent Garden
- At Crisp & Co in Covent Garden, we only do family law. This means that our family solicitors are specialists at what we do.
- Many of our Covent Garden family lawyers are members of Resolution, a network of legal professionals who specialise in helping families find positive out-of-court solutions to their problems.
- We are accredited by the Law Society in Family Law Advanced which is a quality marker for firms that specialise in complex, disputed and high value family law issues.
- We are also accredited by the Law Society in Lexcel, which is the practice quality mark for firms that demonstrate the highest standards of client care, compliance and legal practice management.
Get in touch with our family and divorce solicitors in Covent Garden, London
How can we help?
“Thank you for your email and for your support handling my case. It has been a pleasure working with everyone at Crisp & Co.”
“Thank you in advance and all your support. It has been such a difficult time this year but throughout you have been a great support and I really do appreciate your time and effort.”
“Fantastic service, incredibly supportive during a stressful period.”
“Staff are lovely & efficient & friendly. Thank you.”
“I am indebted to you and the firm, and look forward to receiving the documents by post.”
“I wanted to say a massive thank you for all your help and support over the year.”